I'm a Tangible Interaction Designer. I'm interested in interface design, gesture design, rapid prototyping (both physical and digital) and designing sounds.
Also, I love to build communities around Art, Technology & Design... and make/drink awesome coffee.
Master of Tangible Interaction Design
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
Bachelor Interdisciplinary Studies,
Creative Computation for Sound Applications
University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, PR
Tellart - Providence, RI
February 2017 - present
AiR Program - Autodesk Pier 9
Autodesk - San Francisco, CA
August 2016 - December 2016
• Researching and designing interaction models for sound design, ranging from physical interfaces to augmented reality applications.
Interface Design Researcher
MADLAB.CC - Pittsburgh, PA
January 2016 - May 2016
• Design and fabricate rapid prototypes of interfaces for motion capture system, including a Bluetooth wireless stylus for 3D drawing and calibration tools.
Deeplocal - Pittsburgh, PA
• Provided strategic design consultancy during research phase of experience driven interactive media installation.
Computational Design Lab - Carnegie Mellon University PA,
August 2015 to December 2015
• Managed procurement of electronics prototyping station, upgrade of 3D printing equipment (Ultimaker), installation of exhibition space for internal works, and redesign of website.
Studio for Creative Inquiry - Carnegie Mellon University, PA
August 2014 to December 2015
• Developed code in p5.js and Processing, designed and fabricated a custom camera mount for the uArm (a desktop robotic arm) for Golan Levin's “Computing for Creative Practice” and “Experimental Capture” courses.
Lab for Erroneous Design - Puerto Rico
January 2013 to August 2014
• Directed Puerto Rico's first hackerspace to research emerging technologies for creative applications.
• Successfully lead workshops to teach creative computing skills to over 50 visual artists.
• Organized the first Puerto Rican Video Game Festival, held at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Puerto Rico.
Artist in Residence
Community Foundation for Puerto Rico
• Designed and implemented an Art & Tech after-school pilot program, in which 15 middle school students learned basic skills in electronics hacking, coding in Processing, video game design, and 3D modeling/printing.
Internet of Things
Codelab Fellowship -Computational Design Lab
Carnegie Mellon University PA
January 2016 - May 2016
George W. Anderson Jr. Award -
Carnegie Mellon University
Attention to Detail and Community Impact
The Frank-Ratchye Fund for Art @ the Frontier-Carnegie Mellon University
Lexus Grant for Emerging Artists
Radical Networks - NYU Poly, Brooklyn NY
Crowd-sourced Public Transportation Tracking
Spotify Monthly Music Hackathon - NYC
New Musical Instruments
Meta-Piano Extendido & Signal
p5.js Conference - Carnegie Mellon University
Community and Hacker Culture in Cuba and Puerto Rico
FIVAC-Video Art Festival - Cuba
The State of Emerging Media in Puerto Rico
Beta Local - Puerto Rico
LED and Hackerspaces